On March 25th in 1947 Lewis Silkin MP, Minister for Town & Country Planning signed the Designation Order that was the official starting document for the construction of a New Town at Harlow. To mark the 75th anniversary of this historic event Harlow Civic Society is organising a led walk.
- The walk will be on Friday 25th March, starting at 2.00pm.
- It will start and finish outside Moot House, The Stow, CM20 3AG
- Distance is 4 miles, approximately, and should take about 2 hours.
- Itinerary: A walk in Frederick Gibberd’s footsteps. To look at Harlow now and consider how it looked in 1947. A stroll through history, hope fully brought to life by our leader, John Curry, who knows a bit about Harlow, but not nearly as much as you. Your memories will be welcomed as we walk and talk.
- The walk is free to all, just turn up. No need to book.
- Parking is available nearby. A fee is payable at Harlow council carparks.
- The route is all on tarmac and is reasonably flat.
- We look forward to your company, your memories of Harlow and a fine afternoon.
If you have any queries or want to let us know that you will be joining us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday 25th March 2022. 75th Anniversary of Designation Day.